Warmer and longer days invite you to enjoy nature, the park and playground. Homework is done, and you have already learned everything about the upcoming test. What will you do in the afternoon?
It may be time to look for a skateboard, wipe off the dust that has built up over the winter, and go outside.
Skateboarding is great. It is a very entertaining and relaxing sport, and can even give you a little adrenaline rush. At the same time, this is a great way of spending your leisure in the fresh air and having fun with friends.
The first skateboards were used by Americans. In the summer they surfed on the waves, but when there were no waves, they wanted to surf the land. Skating or surfing along the sidewalks thus developed.
Skaters later began to use dry concrete river channels and empty swimming pools. Eventually skateparks were created, where there are many objects or obstacles that allow better tricks and higher jumps into the air.
Rules for skateboarding:
- use protective equipment,
- adjust your speed to your abilities,
- don’t use a telephone when skating,
- don’t wear headphones when skating, or you won’t hear what’s happening around you,
- always check where skateboarding is allowed; in parks it is usually forbidden.
Points to Consider
- Do you like adrenalin sports?
- Do you know any other sport that comes from the States?
- What is your favorite pastime?
The original version of this article was published on April 16th.